CrossTown Alliance is a unique multi-site church with a storied past.

Birthed out of a “holy discontent” that God gave Pastor Jeremy, God opened up doors for a small country church to start a multi-site campus in Olean, NY.  In January 2012 Pastor Jeremy started a message series on the book of Nehemiah and felt a strong impression from God that just as Nehemiah heard about something approximately 1000 miles away that broke his heart and moved him to action, similarly the Olean situation moved Pastor Jeremy’s heart. Thus, began a lot of prayer and discussion (Elders and Staff) as how we as a church could impact a dying church 35 miles away. Below is a list of some of the reasons that we originally came up with to start a satellite campus in Olean.

  1. Because we believe God is leading us to do this.
  2. To resurrect a dead congregation.
  3. To equip a campus pastor to focus on developing leaders, discipling believers and doing all the other things that a pastor is responsible for without having the responsibility of preparing a sermon each week.
  4. To model the NT church in the book of Acts and be a part of church planting. Multi-site is a way we can do this effectively.
  5. To obey Acts 1:8, “you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria and the ends of the world.” “Jerusalem” is Wellsville and the surrounding community. “Samaria” is church planting (in the traditional sense). “Ends of the word” is missionaries we support through the Great Commission Fund. And “Judea” is our multi-site vision for Olean.
  6. To reflect the heart of God and our core value that Found People Find People. If lost people matter to God, they should matter to us no matter where they live.

With our district Executive Committee’s approval on October 16th, 2012, the two churches officially became one and began pursuing the launch of our Olean campus. Pastor Andrew Hall was officially hired as the Olean Campus Pastor on February 13, 2013. Then on May 19th, 2013 the members of the Wellsville Alliance Church officially adopted CrossTown Alliance as the new name of the church, communicating both our heart (point people to the Cross) AND our multi-site strategy (one church in multiple locations, stretching across towns). The first service at CrossTown Olean was held on September 29th, 2013.

History behind the Arcade Campus:
Formerly known as the Calvary Alliance Church, On April 5th, 2014 the struggling church was approached by CrossTown’s leadership and presented with an opportunity to join in on what God was doing in and through CrossTown.  A few weeks later the church voted unanimously to dissolve the Calvary Alliance Church name and come under the umbrella of CrossTown.  For the next year, the remnant continued to meet in the old fellowship hall while renovations took place on the new church.

History behind the Olean Campus:
Formerly known as the Grace Alliance Church, the church began in the 1930’s under the leadership of Rev. Walton Whiple. The current building was built in 1964. Throughout its history the church had 13 pastors.

Over the years, Grace Alliance has been a lighthouse for the Gospel; however, the church fell on hard times and on September 9th, 2012, the Grace Alliance Church officially held their last worship service. Yet, this was only the beginning…what Satan intended for evil, God used for His ultimate purpose!

History behind the Wellsville Campus:
The ground work and foundation for the Wellsville church was first laid in 1914 by Miss Lucy Wilcox, a home missionary.  During her ministry, the church property located on West Pearl Street was purchased.  The congregation continued at this location for approximately forty-eight years.  The church was officially organized as a branch of the Christian and Missionary Alliance in May of 1915, with nine charter members.

It was under Rev. Sidney Harris, pastor from 1956-1964, that the present church on North Highland Avenue was built.  The Service of Dedication for this facility was held September 23, 1962.  Under the leadership of Rev. Samuel McGarvey (1964-1976), the Education Annex was completed in 1972.

Over its history the Wellsville Alliance Church has had 13 pastors. Today, the Church is led by Rev. Jeremy Gorham. Jeremy began his ministry here as our pastor on September 8th, 2009.

We look forward to all the great things that God has waiting for our church as we seek to impact our communities for Jesus Christ.  We desire to be a church that honors the past while pressing towards God’s vision for the future.